Karena Wu in Advance for Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicine
Karena was recently contacted by the magazine, Advance for Physical Therapy & Rehab Medicineto write an article on Kinesio Tape. She has been certified as a Kinesio Taping Practitioner since 2005 and has used it in practice with significant benefit. Karena actively contributes her writing to different publications to keep the public informed on the most recent trends in physical therapy. Advance Magazine is distributed in the US for physical therapists. Karena is proud to be featured again in the magazine in October 2016.
Karena Wu in Physiotimes
Physiotimes is India's First Magazine for Physiotherapists, of Physiotherapists, by Physiotherapists. Dr. Karena Wu was first honored in 2012 with an article about her and her work as the best physical therapist in NYC. Karena's work has always focused on a holistic approach, using Pilates for rehabilitation and the most advanced treatments available to care for her patients. Her most recent article discusses the evolution of the physical therapy profession, the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree and becoming a Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist. Karena discusses her attainment of these two advanced degrees after 15 years of practice and juggling her work as owner of ActiveCare Physical Therapy in midtown Manhattan.
Karena Wu in EpochTimes
The EpochTimes is a privately held news media company that reports on international news and media. It has been publishing in Chinese since May 2000 and now has its headquarters in New York City. It is sold or distributed free of charge in 35 different countries and in 21 languages. They are an independent voice in print and on the web. Karena was asked to contribute to this paper and her first article was printed in September 2013.
Karena Wu in Total Food Service, Metro NY's Foodservice Publication
Karena was asked to contribute to Total Food Service Online when they discovered that she has been helping those in the restaurant industry since 2004. Karena has been working with celebrity chefs and bartenders like Wylie DuFresne, Seamus Mullen, David Chang, Johnny Iuzzini and James Meehan. She treats them both in the office as well as onsite. Her contribution to this industry publication includes discussion on common ailments on the job and tips to reduce and treat them. Her first article in June 2013 talks about the knee joint.
- November 2016 - Avoiding Injury When Starting a Running Program »
- August 2016 - Olympic Style ‘Cupping’ Treatment For Chefs And Servers »
- Feb 2016 - Feeling Overwhelmed »
- Oct 2015 - The Weight in Your Toes »
- September 2015 - Hip Labral Tears »
- July 2015 - Kinky Necks »
- June 2015 - Overused Wrists »
- May 2015 - The Importance of Your Digits »
- April 2015 - Incognito Bistro »
- March 2015 - Stirred, not Shaken Please! »
- February 2015 - Stella 34 Trattoria and the Cucumber Martini »
- January 2015 - All Inclusive Eating »
- Dec 2014 - 2014 Year End Recap »
- Nov 2014 - After the Bar »
- October 2014 - Stiletto Whisperer »
- Sept 2014 - Global Mixology »
- August 2014 - Youth in Bars »
- July 2014 - Blow A Disc »
- June 2014 - Chefs Work Out »
- March 2014 - An Interview with Chef
Seamus Mullen »
- March 2014 - Arthritis, In the Kitchen »
- January 2014 - Carpal Tunnel Syndrome »
- Nov 2013 - Kinesiology Taping »
- Oct 2013 - Posture/Backpacks »
- Sept 2013 - Shoulder Impingement »
- August 2013 - Your Head »
- July 2013 - Your Bones »
- June 2013 - Your Knees »
Karena Wu in The Dessert Professional Magazine
Karena Wu is collaborating with The Dessert Professional magazine. This magazine focuses on the Art of Dessert and celebrates renowned pastry chefs around the world. Karena is proud to be featured for the first time in the December 2011 edition. She will be a regular contributor to the magazine's new column, appropriately titled: Kitchercise. This column will detail Physical Therapy tips for chefs in the kitchen. Check out her first article titled: The Holidays: A Real Pain in the Neck, Dessert Professional, December 2011.